The Venezuelan leader is expected to deliver his General Assembly speech later on Wednesday.
Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro said via Twitter Wednesday afternoon he was landing in New York for the United Nations General Assembly.
"I come to the General Assembly of the United Nations to defend the truth about Venezuela, to bring the voice of our country," the president said on Twitter, in a video from the plane.
Nicolás Maduro ✔ @NicolasMaduro Aterrizando en Nueva York para participar en la Asamblea General de las Naciones Unidas. Traigo la voz de todo mi pueblo, vengo cargado de Pasión Patria para defender la verdad.
He asserted that he arrived in New York "full of passion and truths so that the entire world knows that Venezuela is standing up ... I also come to receive the solidarity of governments and peoples."
- Venezuelan Armed Forces Repels Group of Conspirators
- Venezuela Calls for National Agreement for Political Stability
- Some 2,000 Cuban Doctors Will Enhance Venezuela's Health System
- Mothers of Plaza de Mayo Dedicate 2,127th March to Venezuela
- Brazil, Argentina leaders step up pressure on Venezuela's Maduro