The Venezuelan leader is expected to deliver his General Assembly speech later on Wednesday.
Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro said via Twitter Wednesday afternoon he was landing in New York for the United Nations General Assembly.
"I come to the General Assembly of the United Nations to defend the truth about Venezuela, to bring the voice of our country," the president said on Twitter, in a video from the plane.
Nicolás Maduro ✔ @NicolasMaduro Aterrizando en Nueva York para participar en la Asamblea General de las Naciones Unidas. Traigo la voz de todo mi pueblo, vengo cargado de Pasión Patria para defender la verdad.
He asserted that he arrived in New York "full of passion and truths so that the entire world knows that Venezuela is standing up ... I also come to receive the solidarity of governments and peoples."
- Truth or visa?: The New York Times lies against Cuba and Venezuela
- Venezuelan People Alert Against New Terrorists Attacks of the U.S.
- China Is Concerned and Ready to Support Venezuela after Blackout
- Pompeo: U.S. To Withdraw All Personnel From Venezuela This Week
- Venezuelan VP: Marco Rubio Behind Nation-Wide Blackout Sabotage