China demanded on Monday that the United States immediately stop criticising and accusing Beijing, and emphasized that those criticisms are a direct attack on mutual trust and shadow bilateral ties.
Foreign Minister Wang Yi expressed insatisfaction with US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, because Washington is gradually increasing frictions by making groundless statements on China's domestic and foreign policy.
He pointed out that in Taiwan's specific case, the US actions damage China's rights on that island, which is a inalienable part of its territory.
Finally, Wang demanded that the White House stop that counterproductive behiavior and, as a permanent member of the United Nations Security Council, improve communication with China.
For his part, Pompeo referred to his country's 'concern' about some actions by China, and said that he was interested in analyzing them, due to the importance of relations between the two powers.
Wang and Pompeo made statements before meeting in private to review the results of Sunday's meeting between the US secretary of State and the leader of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK), Kim Jong-un.
- Cuba: US Planes Fly to Strategic Areas to Pressure Venezuela
- OAS and the fear of Cubans voting YES
- ‘Space is not your property!’ Beijing blasts US report on China & Russia ‘weaponizing’ space
- China Denies Talks With Venezuela Opposition, Slams Western Media "Fake News" Ethic
- We must be ready to use ‘hard power’ against Moscow and Beijing – UK defense chief