President Trump’s ambassador to the United Nations, Nikki R. Haley, has resigned, ahead of what Mr. Trump promised on Twitter on Tuesday was a “Big announcement” with Ms. Haley at the White House.
Ms. Haley, a former governor of South Carolina, had been an early and frequent critic of Mr. Trump, so when he named her the envoy to the world body weeks after his election in November 2016, the appointment was seen as an olive branch.
- What has Happened in Latin America? Understanding the Imperial Counteroffensive
- ‘Straight out of Dr Strangelove’: Analysts slam Trump’s plan to trade nuclear secrets with Saudis
- Coups are Peace, Censorship is Trust, Intolerance is Love: 3 Orwellian slogans Western leaders adore
- Marches Take Place Across US Against Trump's 'Fake Emergency'
- Actor Alec Baldwin Questions Trump On His ‘Retribution’ Comment