President Trump’s ambassador to the United Nations, Nikki R. Haley, has resigned, ahead of what Mr. Trump promised on Twitter on Tuesday was a “Big announcement” with Ms. Haley at the White House.
Ms. Haley, a former governor of South Carolina, had been an early and frequent critic of Mr. Trump, so when he named her the envoy to the world body weeks after his election in November 2016, the appointment was seen as an olive branch.
- Trump Offers Mexico US$20 Million to Stop Migrant Caravan
- Brett Kavanaugh: Judge or Foul Word?
- Trump Threatens To Close US-Mexico Border Over Migrant "Onslaught"
- US Midterm Vote: More Controversy in Georgia As Black Seniors Removed From Bus
- Brazil right-winger would follow Trump's lead on foreign policy