President Trump’s ambassador to the United Nations, Nikki R. Haley, has resigned, ahead of what Mr. Trump promised on Twitter on Tuesday was a “Big announcement” with Ms. Haley at the White House.
Ms. Haley, a former governor of South Carolina, had been an early and frequent critic of Mr. Trump, so when he named her the envoy to the world body weeks after his election in November 2016, the appointment was seen as an olive branch.
- A warning to Trump? Twitter reminds ‘world leaders’ aren’t immune to deplatforming
- John Bolton Warned Lawyers Over "Hand Grenade" Rudy Giuliani: Report
- US: New bitter questions on Trump
- Trump Followed His Gut on Syria. Calamity Came Fast.
- ICYMI: Pulling troops out of Syria leads to geopolitical whack-a-mole for Trump (VIDEO)