Damascus, Dec 9 (Prensa Latina) The number of displaced Syrians who have returned home since 2015, not only from within the country but also from abroad, exceeds 1.5 million, according to updated statistics.
Since August, the Syrian Government has promoted the work by the Coordination Committee for the Return of Displaced Persons Abroad, which is headed by the minister for Administration, Hussein Makhlouf.
The Committee is developing links and contacts with friendly nations to take operational measures to facilitate the return of more than three million Syrian refugees in territories of the region.
Since early 2018, the country has been working for the gradual return of 890,000 refugees from Lebanon through authorities in that neighboring country, the aforementioned Syrian Committee, Russia and the United Nations agencies.
In that regard, conditions have been created in the territories liberated from terrorist groups so that internally displaced persons can return to their homes, especially in the provinces of Aleppo, Homs and Hama.
- Casualties as blast in Manbij, Syria reportedly occurs near US-led coalition patrol
- Archaeologists restore ancient Palmyra artifacts in Damascus museum
- US Troop Withdrawal From Syria Will Happen, Says Mike Pompeo
- Bahrain the latest Arab nation to re-engage with Syria as it reopens embassy in Damascus
- Russia, Iran & Turkey agree to launch Syrian constitution committee by January