Bogota, Jan 4 (Prensa Latina) Child sexual abuse in Colombia has risen alarmingly in 2018 compared to the previous year, the National Institute of Legal Medicine reported.
Over 21,500 cases of sexually abused children were registered between January and November last year, up from the 20,663 in all 2017.
Colombian Legal Medicine revealed that 9,896 of the victims were 10 to 14 years old and 6,015 between five and nine.
To the dramatic picture of children abused in Colombia adds the aberration that the victimizers in half of the raped children cases were relatives (parents, stepfathers, uncles, cousins and grandparents).
During the final week of the year in Colombia, the rape and murder of two minors, a seven-year-old boy from Caldas and a 12-year-old girl from Meta, both territories in the country's Andean region, caused consternation.
- Warning About False Flag Operations Against Venezuela
- Venezuela closes border with Brazil, may do the same at Colombia border – Maduro
- US Senator Rubio Visits Colombia, Pushes Interventionist Agenda
- Moving Tribute in Colombia to Cuban Hero Jose Marti
- Colombians Call on Duque's Gov't to Maintain Peace Process With ELN