Washington: President Donald Trump's eldest son appeared to liken migrants to dangerous animals, his latest controversial remarks on desperate people seeking to enter the US.
"You know why you can enjoy a day at the zoo? Because walls work," Donald Trump Jr wrote in a post on Instagram.
Trump's father has doubled down on his pledge to build a wall on the border with Mexico, leading to a partial shutdown of the US government.
The president himself has described some migrants in similar terms, saying in May last year that: "You wouldn't believe how bad these people are, these aren't people, these are animals."
The Instagram post by Trump Jr -- who has previously drawn fire for comparing Syrian refugees to a bowl of potentially deadly Skittles candy -- drew criticism on social media.
"This is racism on steroids," one user wrote on Twitter, while another tweeted: "The only zoo animal is Junior himself."
- Trump Threatens More Tariffs On Mexico Over Part Of Immigration Deal
- US ‘cannot expect to stay safe’ after launching economic war – Iranian FM Zarif
- Tehran rejects Macron’s call for wider intl talks beyond nuclear deal – ministry
- US attempt to push Huawei from global market is the first sign of looming tech war - Putin
- Trump threatens to expand tariffs on China by another $300 billion