Iran's Foreign Minister, Mohammed Yavad Zarif, accused Tuesday the US policy against Tehran of economic terrorism.
By imposing more sanctions against our nation, he said in a message on social media, it is even impeding relief efforts for people affected by the floods throughout the country.
With that decision, said the Iranian Minister, the United States violates U.N. Security Council Resolution 2231 and a ruling of the International Court of Justice.
U.S. sanctions prohibit the Iranian relief organization Red Crescent from purchasing goods and products to help communities devastated by unprecedented flooding.
Blocked equipment, Zarif said, includes rescue helicopters.
'It's not an economic war, he said, but economic terrorism.
- Netherlands joins Germany in halting Iraq mission due to security threat
- As US pressures India to cut Iran oil import, Indians ask what Iranian FM can offer in rushed talks
- U.S. Plans More Annual Spending on Nuclear Submarine Program
- Eminent Threat of the Vermin against Venezuela
- Iran Not Backing Down: IRGC Navy Vows To Block US Ships From Important Waterway