Iran's Foreign Minister, Mohammed Yavad Zarif, accused Tuesday the US policy against Tehran of economic terrorism.
By imposing more sanctions against our nation, he said in a message on social media, it is even impeding relief efforts for people affected by the floods throughout the country.
With that decision, said the Iranian Minister, the United States violates U.N. Security Council Resolution 2231 and a ruling of the International Court of Justice.
U.S. sanctions prohibit the Iranian relief organization Red Crescent from purchasing goods and products to help communities devastated by unprecedented flooding.
Blocked equipment, Zarif said, includes rescue helicopters.
'It's not an economic war, he said, but economic terrorism.
- (US) Blockade to Cuba: The day medicines and food were added to the list
- Probable cause of mysterious illness among US and Canadian diplomats in Havana found
- Two Members of Cuba's UN Mission Expelled From US
- Cuban Workers call Massive Twitter Action for Anti-imperialist Event
- 3 billion birds have been lost in U.S. and Canada since 1970