Iran's Foreign Minister, Mohammed Yavad Zarif, accused Tuesday the US policy against Tehran of economic terrorism.
By imposing more sanctions against our nation, he said in a message on social media, it is even impeding relief efforts for people affected by the floods throughout the country.
With that decision, said the Iranian Minister, the United States violates U.N. Security Council Resolution 2231 and a ruling of the International Court of Justice.
U.S. sanctions prohibit the Iranian relief organization Red Crescent from purchasing goods and products to help communities devastated by unprecedented flooding.
Blocked equipment, Zarif said, includes rescue helicopters.
'It's not an economic war, he said, but economic terrorism.
- Bachelet’s Report on Venezuela: Who Has the Last Word?
- Mystery in the Persian Gulf: Vanishing oil tanker near Iran fuels speculation
- Iranian president says U.S. has failed on every path taken against the Islamic Revolution
- Russia, China, Iran & Venezuela developing crypto to challenge US financial control – study
- Moscow: US Seeks to Use Space as Theatre of War, Refuses Discussion with Russia