Three explosions have reportedly rocked a city on Sri Lanka’s eastern seaboard as the police and the army carry out searches targeting suspects from last weekend’s deadly bombings.
Police have been conducting searches across Sri Lanka in the aftermath of the deadly suicide bombings on churches and hotels which killed more than 250 people. Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIS) claimed responsibility for the bombings.
DETAILS TO FOLLOW
- London Bridge stabbing: Police fire shots at attacker, multiple people injured
- Chief of medical mission in Bolivia released by police
- Locked For 9 Years, Siblings Thought They Were Only People Left: Police
- Hong Kong protests: dozens arrested as government warns of 'dangerous situation'
- Brazil bus hijacker shot dead by police sniper, hostages released