Ankara, May 22 (Prensa Latina) Turkey has sent military personnel to Russia for their training on how to use the S-400 missile system, the most advanced Russian ballistic technology, Defense Minister Hulusi Akar said on Wednesday.
Purchasing this weaponry from Russia led Turkey to a strong diplomatic confrontation with the United States, which is trying by all means to prevent its NATO ally from acquiring this type of armament, even threatening to suspend the participation of Turkish companies in the manufacture of the Lockheed Martin F-35 combat aircraft.
On this issue, Akar said that Turkey was fulfilling its responsibilities in the F-35 project and that Ankara expected the program to continue as scheduled, while talks between the two countries are ongoing.
The Minister also said Ankara and Washington are assessing the possibility of Turkey acquiring US-made Patriot missiles based on a price-fixing, technology transfer and joint production agreement.
- Russia slams US Navy for ‘unacceptable’ behavior after warships’ near-miss in East China Sea
- US offer not ‘as good as S-400’: Turkey says no turning back on missile deal with Russia
- The Only Thing that Works with Iran is Respect,' Iranian FM Said
- London's Mayor Sadiq Khan Compares Trump to 'The Fascists of the 20th Century'
- Turkey supports mediation talks for Venezuela