Vienna: China said Friday it would continue to import Iranian oil in defiance of US sanctions on the country, a day before US and Chinese leaders are to meet to try to resolve thorny trade disputes.
"We reject the unilateral imposition of sanctions," said Fu Cong, Director General of the Chinese Foreign Ministry's Department of Arms Control, on the sidelines of meeting in Vienna on the implementation of the 2015 agreement to limit Iran's nuclear programme.
- China welcomes US-Russia talks on arms control but sees no reason to participate in negotiations
- China threatens to sever ties with any US firm linked to selling weapons to Taiwan
- Russia, China, Iran & Venezuela developing crypto to challenge US financial control – study
- ‘Don’t play with fire’: Beijing warns US over Taiwan
- Heavy Rain, Floods In China Force Evacuation Of Nearly 80,000