Health officials are struggling to contain an Ebola epidemic in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC).
The World Health Organization (WHO) has declared the outbreak an international public health emergency.
There are fears that the lack of leadership on the ground will lead to a greater crisis.
In 2014, the crisis was seen as a potential threat to international peace and security, and the UN Security Council met to discuss the situation. No such meetings are planned this time.
- 17 Die From China's Coronavirus, Over 470 Affected Amid Global Fears
- Rats, Live Wolf Pups At China Food Market Menu Linked To Virus Outbreak
- China mystery virus death toll rises
- UN Accuses Brazil's Bolsonaro of Violating Anti-Torture Pact
- UN Confirms Serious Human Rights Violations in Piñera's Chile