Washington, September 10 (RHC)-- HuffPost reports the Trump administration is failing to provide legal aid for locked-up migrant children in at least three separate jails — a violation of federal law.
Without the required legal services, migrant children are forced to navigate complicated legal proceedings alone and are more likely to be deported to potentially life-threatening situations. RAICES Executive Director Jonathan Ryan told HuffPost: “Our government is engaged in premeditated, deliberate acts of cruelty against children. I don’t think one has to be a conspiracy theorist to believe that the government is attempting to systematically dismantle every framework of support for any immigrant in this country.”
Meanwhile, details from a lawsuit filed last month challenging the Trump administration over its termination of the Flores agreement have highlighted the dire conditions faced by locked-up migrant children. Among the many violations, migrant girls reported being denied sufficient menstrual products and having to keep wearing soiled clothing throughout their periods.
- Iran’s short-range missile can reach US fleet in Gulf – Revolutionary Guards deputy commander
- Over 150 Migrant Children Still in US Far from Their Parents
- Saudis can get away with anything 'as long as they bribe Washington'
- Trump tries to defuse immigrant crisis, but policy hit by confusion
- US Detention Centers 'Force Migrant Children To Take Drugs'