Washington, Sep 12 (Prensa Latina) President Donald Trump announced on Thursday that a 25% to 30% tariff hike on US$250 billion of Chinese goods will be postponed from October 1 to 15.
This decision took place at the request of China's Vice Premier Liu He, who leads for his country negotiations for a possible bilateral trade agreement, the US president posted on Twitter.
Trump also said that China will celebrate the 70th anniversary of the founding of the People's Republic on October 1.
China released on Wednesday the first 16 US products that could be imported during the following year without facing additional tariffs, adopted amid the commercial war between the world's two largest economies, as a gesture of goodwill.
The Customs Tariffs Commission of the State Council, China's cabinet, said that the exemption will take effect on September 17 and it will also offer refunds to 12 previously taxed goods, including shrimp, lubricants and linear accelerators for anti-cancer therapies. Trump stated that he will continue granting dispensations to importers who face difficulties in replacing certain US goods, as he takes into account the severe economic damages that entrepreneurs, the negative impact on the development of industries, employment, environmental protection and social welfare will suffer.
From September 2 to October 18, the commission collects the requests of more national firms, associations and chambers of commerce that will need this benefit.
- Hosking takes the win at women's Tour of Guangxi
- "They're Fake": Donald Trump's Latest Attack On New York Times, Washington Post
- Trump impeachment probe to focus on more key witnesses this week
- Foreign-instigated color revolutions fuel global unrest, Beijing says in veiled attack on US
- Woman Astronaut In Space Station Corrects Trump During Live Call: Report