The Commercial Aircraft Corporation of China (COMAC) is conducting on Monday intensive flight tests on four C919 planes, the first civil aircraft entirely manufactured in this Asian nation.
As COMAC reported in a statement, the four airplanes are currently under strict examinations with the aim of adjusting all details to achieve the certificate of airworthiness in 2020 and launching the C919 plane to market in 2021.
The C919 plane is the first civil aircraft entirely manufactured in this nation, with which China is entering the select group of countries that has its own passenger aircraft.
The institution stated in its statement that the tests are conducted in Xi'an (northwest), Dongying (east), Nanchang (southeast) and Shanghai, where the corporation is based.
According to COMAC, two more C919 are on the assembly line and will be ready for fly testing this year.
Manufactured by COMAC, the C919 airplane has the capacity to transport between 158 to 174 passengers, depending on the configuration.
- Cuban Minister of Justice arrived in China
- China Says A "Price Must Be Paid" Over US Uighur Bill
- China suspends review of visits by American warships & sanctions NGOs in response to US signing of Hong Kong bill
- Cuba and China highlight Fidel Castro's role in increasing friendship between both countries
- ‘HK part of China & no one can mess it up’, Chinese FM says amid opposition gains at community-level election