The Commercial Aircraft Corporation of China (COMAC) is conducting on Monday intensive flight tests on four C919 planes, the first civil aircraft entirely manufactured in this Asian nation.
As COMAC reported in a statement, the four airplanes are currently under strict examinations with the aim of adjusting all details to achieve the certificate of airworthiness in 2020 and launching the C919 plane to market in 2021.
The C919 plane is the first civil aircraft entirely manufactured in this nation, with which China is entering the select group of countries that has its own passenger aircraft.
The institution stated in its statement that the tests are conducted in Xi'an (northwest), Dongying (east), Nanchang (southeast) and Shanghai, where the corporation is based.
According to COMAC, two more C919 are on the assembly line and will be ready for fly testing this year.
Manufactured by COMAC, the C919 airplane has the capacity to transport between 158 to 174 passengers, depending on the configuration.
- 17 Die From China's Coronavirus, Over 470 Affected Amid Global Fears
- Rats, Live Wolf Pups At China Food Market Menu Linked To Virus Outbreak
- Cuban and Chinese children honor Jose Marti
- China has announced a new plan to crack down on most single-use plastics by 2025
- Venezuelan FM Completes First Official Visit to China