United Nations, September 24 (RHC)-- Iranian President Hassan Rouhani says he will present a regional security plan dubbed the “Hormuz Peace Endeavor” during the United Nations General Assembly this week, as he called on foreign powers to leave the Persian Gulf amid escalating tensions between the U.S. and Iran.
Earlier, the Trump administration said it would deploy military forces to Saudi Arabia, as well as impose new sanctions on Iran’s Central Bank and other financial institutions. The announcements from the Pentagon were in response to the drone attacks on Saudi oil facilities, which the U.S. has blamed on Iran. Iran has denied any involvement in the attack, which was claimed by Yemen’s Houthi movement.
In more news about Iran, a government spokesperson said that the British-flagged Stena Impero oil tanker, which was seized in the Strait of Hormuz in July, had been released.
- ‘We don’t have political problems with India’: Iran’s Zarif urges Delhi to defy US sanctions & resume buying Iranian oil
- Iran rejects final declaration issued at Gulf Summit
- Hassan Rouhani Says Innocent Protesters Should Be Freed
- US-initiated ‘world war’ against Iran has failed and Washington has gone mad, IRGC militia commander says
- UN General Assembly once again overwhelming passes a resolution calling for the end of US blockade on Cuba