Washington, October 11 (RHC)-- In the U.S., the White House Budget Office says it will not comply with a congressional subpoena for documents relating to Ukraine. This comes after the White House said it would refuse to cooperate with the impeachment probe.
The State Department has also blocked the U.S. ambassador to the European Union from speaking to the three congressional committees leading the inquiry.
House Intelligence Committee Chair Adam Schiff told reporters: “The failure to produce this witness, the failure to produce these documents, we consider yet additional strong evidence of obstruction of the constitutional functions of Congress, a coequal branch of government.”
Edited by Ed Newman
- Isabel Allende says Trump is a fool for denying climate change
- China Says Xi Jinping, Trump In Touch Amid Speculation About Meeting
- Columnist Who Claims Donald Trump Raped her, Sues Him For Defamation
- Jeremy Corbyn accuses Donald Trump of interfering in UK elections
- Cuban tourism: one of the most affected sectors by US blockade