BEIRUT (Reuters) - Syria will respond to a Turkish aggression on any part of its territory with “all legitimate means” available, President Bashar al-Assad said on Thursday according to state media.
The comments come after an agreement between Damascus and the Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces to fend off an assault launched by Turkey on northeastern Syria last week.
- Russia says U.S. pullout from Syria looking more like permanent occupation
- U.S. to Try Diplomacy in Turkey as Russian Forces Swoop Into Syria
- Turkey May Be "Responsible" For Executions Of Kurds In Syria: UN
- Trump Followed His Gut on Syria. Calamity Came Fast.
- Syria’s Kurds strike deal with Assad after being abandoned by US