Bogota, Nov 1 (Prensa Latina) Thousands of university students marched in Colombia demanding quality public education, against corruption and what they consider repression.
As occurs every Thursday in recent weeks, the people mobilized stage protests in cities such as Cali, Medellin and Bogota.
We are students, we demand solutions that give us repression and privatization, protesters chanted.
Some people mobilized said they demonstrated in rejection of the repression by riot police against student protests.
According to the participants in the protests, the government does not want to comply with the science and technology budget items agreed in the December negotiation.
Marches went in peace most of the route.
- Disapproval Rating for Colombia's Duque Reaches 70 Percent
- Venezuelan president issues warning of attacks on border with Colombia
- Colombia's minister of defense resigns after killings
- Colombians enjoy salsa festival in Bogota with Cuban band Anacaona
- Colombia Formalizes Criminal Charges Against Uribe