Several people have been injured and one person has been detained as police in London deal with an incident on London Bridge.
Numerous police and ambulance vehicles are at the scene on the busy thoroughfare. Police have revealed that at least one person appears to have been shot during the incident.
"We are in the early stages of dealing with an incident at London Bridge," police said in a statement.
Police shouting for everyone to move away. Real panic setting in at London Bridge. Rumours of a shooting?
Sky News is reporting that one man was fatally shot by armed forces during the incident and at least five people are believed to have been stabbed in the area.
The BBC is reporting that two shots were fired and photographs posted on Twitter showed a truck parked across several lanes of traffic on the bridge.
Footage circulating on social media shows two men grappling on the ground before one of the men is dragged away by police officers. It appears that the second man is then shot by the officers.
London Bridge train station has been shut down due to the incident and nearby Borough Market has been evacuated.
Police were called at 1:58pm to a stabbing at premises near to London Bridge.
Emergency services attended, including officers from the Met and @CityPolice.
A man has been detained by police. We believe a number of people have been injured. Further info to follow.
- Chief of medical mission in Bolivia released by police
- Locked For 9 Years, Siblings Thought They Were Only People Left: Police
- Hong Kong protests: dozens arrested as government warns of 'dangerous situation'
- Brazil bus hijacker shot dead by police sniper, hostages released
- Three explosions rock Sri Lankan city as police search for Easter attackers - reports