Damascus, Jan.14 (Prensa Latina) Syria has demanded Turkey a full and immediate withdrawal from its territory, official press reported on Tuesday.
In a trilateral meeting held in Moscow, the Syrian side asked Ankara to respect sovereignty, independence and territorial integrity, reported the Syrian TV news channel Ikhbariya TV.
The head of Syria's National Security Bureau, Liutenant General Ali Mamlouk and the Turkish Intelligence chief Hakan Fidan and high Russian officials attended the encounter.
According to General Mamlouk, Turkey must comply with its commitments respecting the Sochi agreement concerning Idlib, particularly with regard to evacuating terrorists and heavy weapons and opening the road linking Aleppo, Latakia and Hama.
Syrian army is determined to continue fighting against terrorism and liberate all Idlib, expressed the Syrian high official.
It is about the first meeting at this level between Syria and Turkey since the severance of relations in 2011.
- Trump admin still does NOT recognize Armenian genocide despite Senate resolution – State Dept
- Cuba and Turkey strengthen cooperation in tourism
- Russia says U.S. pullout from Syria looking more like permanent occupation
- ‘Revenge & political pressure’: US House recognizes Armenian genocide and threatens Turkey with new sanctions
- Turkey "Heading In Wrong Direction" Over Syria: US