Caracas, Feb 6 (Prensa Latina) The Supreme Court of Justice of Venezuela filed charges on Wednesday against former Colombian Senator Aida Merlano at the Penal Judicial Circuit of the Metropolitan Area in Caracas, at the request of the Public Ministry. On Tuesday, Attorney General Tarek William Saab pointed out that the ex-lawmaker was captured by Venezuelan police in Zulia state, while carrying a fake ID under the name of Landis del Carmen Ferrer.
He added that along with the fugitive, Yeico Manuel Vargas, of Colombian nationality, was also charged with covering up and association to commit a crime.
They are in jail under supervision by Venezuelan judicial authorities, the prosecutor said on Twitter.
In 2018, Merlano was sentenced to 15 years in prison in Colombia for corruption and illegal possession of weapons.
- Venezuela supports oil cuts proposed by OPEC
- Trump Puts More Pressure on Cuba, Targets Cuban Doctors Program
- China and Russia vow to defy U.S. sanctions for supporting Venezuela
- Maduro: 'the US Does Not Appoint President in Venezuela'
- Olympics: Groups, schedule announced for Americas baseball qualifier in Arizona