The airliner, en route from Istanbul to Sao Paulo, declared an emergency and diverted to Casablanca, Morocco.
A Turkish Airlines Boeing 777 en route from Istanbul to Sao Paulo declared an emergency and diverted to Casablanca, a spokeswoman for the airline said.
According to AirLive's Twitter, a note reading "Bomb" was found at the airplane's toilet cabin.
The airliner has landed safely in Casablanca. Prior to that, all flights were diverted from the Casablanca airport.
After the Turkish airliner landed, all flights to Casablanca were resumed, Flightradar24 reports:
DETAILS TO FOLLOW
- London Bridge stabbing: Police fire shots at attacker, multiple people injured
- Chief of medical mission in Bolivia released by police
- ‘Revenge & political pressure’: US House recognizes Armenian genocide and threatens Turkey with new sanctions
- Turkey "Heading In Wrong Direction" Over Syria: US
- Locked For 9 Years, Siblings Thought They Were Only People Left: Police