BEIJING - A total of 104 people, including 92 children, were hospitalized after a fire broke out in a shopping center in southeast China.
No deaths have been reported so far, said official news agency Xinhua.
The fire was reported at 11:27 local time (03:27 GMT) in Juchi Plaza that had a nursery on the second floor, which was where most of the children were.
Firefighters were able to evacuate the children, although they suffered wounds of varying degrees.
According to an official statement the fire was put out half an hour later.
The police are investigating the cause of the fire, which is still unclear.
- China to Trudeau: 'Don't Become a Laughing Stock' Over Detained Canadian
- "Big Step For Chinese People" As Rover Drives On Far Side Of The Moon
- China Lands Probe On "Dark Side" Of Moon In Global First: State Media
- China: Targeted, Efficient Anti-Pollution Measures to Come
- Poverty Strikes Three Out of Four Children in Angola