BEIJING - A total of 104 people, including 92 children, were hospitalized after a fire broke out in a shopping center in southeast China.
No deaths have been reported so far, said official news agency Xinhua.
The fire was reported at 11:27 local time (03:27 GMT) in Juchi Plaza that had a nursery on the second floor, which was where most of the children were.
Firefighters were able to evacuate the children, although they suffered wounds of varying degrees.
According to an official statement the fire was put out half an hour later.
The police are investigating the cause of the fire, which is still unclear.
- Latin America Supports Chinese Anti-Poverty Initiative
- China Plans To Launch 'Artificial Moon' By 2020. Will Be 8 Times Brighter
- China Accuses Detained Ex-Interpol Chief of Bribery and Other Crimes
- US Criticisms Are an Attack on Mutual Trust, China Says
- Relation with China Key to Overcome Food Insecurity, says AU