BEIJING - A total of 104 people, including 92 children, were hospitalized after a fire broke out in a shopping center in southeast China.
No deaths have been reported so far, said official news agency Xinhua.
The fire was reported at 11:27 local time (03:27 GMT) in Juchi Plaza that had a nursery on the second floor, which was where most of the children were.
Firefighters were able to evacuate the children, although they suffered wounds of varying degrees.
According to an official statement the fire was put out half an hour later.
The police are investigating the cause of the fire, which is still unclear.
- Russia, China object to U.S. proposal to blacklist Russian bank at U.N.: diplomats
- Chinese newspaper mocks Trump's claim of winning trade war as 'wishful thinking'
- China Threatens New Tariffs On $60 Billion Worth Of US Goods
- "Some Are Very Mad": Anger In Google Over Reported China Search Engine
- Trump to propose 25-percent tariff on $200 bln of Chinese imports: source