Quito, Jan 27 (Prensa Latina) The President of Ecuador, Rafael Correa, called today to give conclusive response to inequity by members of the Community of Latin American and Caribbean States (Celac).
At the inauguration of the 4th Summit of the regional bloc, the also president pro-tempore of Celac proposed to keep working in the new regional financial architecture to back with its own resources the development of peoples of this continent.
Correa advocated for a more just and even relation between States and the transnationals, the creation of courts to channel the demands of the region without external interferences and an international court to protect the environment from the abuse of the big enterprises.
He also insisted that the Celac replaces the Organization of American States (OAS), institution considered more anachronic than ever in the present context as it does not represent the genuine interests of the Latin American and Caribbean peoples.
- Ecuador expels Venezuelan ambassador after minister in Caracas called Moreno a ‘liar’
- Ecuador Rejects Reports on Assange but It Admits New Protocol
- Ecuador To Partly Restore Internet Access For Julian Assange
- Ecuador gets UN praise for ‘freedom of expression’ as Assange remains gagged in embassy limbo
- Venezuela's Government to Denounce Luis Almagro to UN