Former congresswoman and human rights defender Piedad Cordoba expressed today optimism about the victory of the Yes in the upcoming referendum, in which Colombians will endorse the agreements reached by the Government and FARC-EP.
'I am pleased that the campaign for that choice is advancing positively, we will get a landslide victory, some 10 million votes to validate the agreement reached in Cuba by both sides', Cordoba, spokeswoman for the Marcha Patriotica platform told the Prensa Latina news agency.
Since 2012 governmental delegates and the Armed Revolutionary Forces of Colombia -PeopleÂ´s Army (FARC-EP) held talks in Havana seeking to find a political solution to the internal conflict, such talks could end in close date given the advances reached.
After the so-called Final Agreement, the tenth FARC-EP conference and the formal signing of peace, the people will decide at the polls whether to support or not the results of the lengthy and complex talks.
The limit was set at four million votes but supporters of the talks seek to exceed that number by far.
- Colombians in Venezuela Mobilize to Support Activist Piedad Cordoba’s bid for Presidency
- Cycling: another key sport for Barranquilla 2018
- Former FARC Members Arrive in Cuba for Medical Training
- Cuba Selects Former FARC Rebels to Train as Doctor
- Colombia keen to boost economic, trade ties with Cuba, says president