Damascus, Oct 21 (Prensa Latina) The General Command of the Syrian armed forces have reported the death of 150 people due to a bombing by the Turkish air force in the northern region of the province of Aleppo, according to a statement released today in Damascus.
'Aggression will be answered properly with all available means if the air force of the Ankara regime insists on violating Syrian airspace,' declares the statement.
Turkish troops, including tanks and armored vehicles, entered Syrian territory in the northern province of Aleppo, 350 kilometers north of Damascus, just over a month ago, without the approval of the Syrian government and under the pretext of fighting the Islamic State, Daesh.
Syria has reiterated its complaints about Turkish violations of national sovereignty, as its troops remain in the northern region of the country.
- US Envoy Threatens to Assassinate New Quds Force Commander
- 5 Including Child Killed As Boiling Water Floods Russian Hotel
- Manned Mars mission isn't science fiction & could have 'reconciliatory' effect on the world – Russian cosmonaut Ryazansky
- Russian MPs confirm Mikhail Mishustin as new prime minister after cabinet resignation
- Outgoing PM Medvedev to become deputy head of Russia’s Security Council