Bana’s account, which has been verified by Twitter, was set up three months ago and has since gathered some 300,000 followers, along with global media coverage. The tweets, purportedly written by both Bana and her mother, Fatemah, depict life under siege in eastern Aleppo.
In his report, RT’s Murad Gazdiev asks why Bana’s family is always headed for the hottest spots in besieged Aleppo, instead of evacuating, and why despite the understandably faltering internet connection in the city, Bana’s account was somehow tweeting, and posting videos, almost 24/7.
- Millions of children worldwide develop asthma annually due to traffic-related pollution
- 100s of children facing terrorism charges after forced confessions – HRW
- Islamic State Group Begin to Surrender Last Territory in Syria
- US: 200 'Peacekeeping' Troops to Remain in Syria
- Explosion rocks area near Russian Embassy in Damascus