Cabello urged opposition to win presidency at polls

Caracas, Oct 31 (Prensa Latina) Diosdado Cabello, Vice President of the United Socialist Party of Venezuela (PSUV), urged the opposition right to win the country's presidency at the polls when appropriate.

'If you want the presidency, win it with votes. Elections are achieved with votes, because we are not going to give them away. We do not go through bad times and neither good times. Put on the table the proposals you want and we will talk,' Cabello, who is also the president of the National Constituent Assembly, said on his regular TV program 'Con el Mazo Dando.'

He explained the opposition's maneuvers to try to overthrow President Nicolas Maduro and how some people refused to participate in those talks even though all their actions failed.

'They have been invited many times to a true and brotherly dialogue. Maduro has made more than 600 calls for dialogue. What do you think we are going to go to a dialogue to surrender? We are not going so. What do you think we are going to a dialogue to capitulate?: NO! Express your ideas and we will discuss it on the basis of the Constitution,' he noted.

Cabello also highlighted that the buglers of the popular victory, the free peoples of the world that rose up against those who want to colonize them with their neoliberal measures are listened in Latin America and recalled that they are the same governments that criticized Venezuela and the Bolivarian government.

 

  • Published in World

Venezuelan Opposition without Leadership or Credibility, Cabello Says

Caracas, Jun 6 (Prensa Latina) The Venezuelan opposition currently lacks leadership and credibility in front of its followers and the laws of the nation, Diosdado Cabello, president of the National Constituent Assembly (ANC), said.

The political leader rejected coup actions to gain power and not through electoral and democratic ways.

'They do not have a single credible leader for the country, therefore they are politically disqualified to govern the Homeland of (Simon) Bolivar and (Hugo) Chavez, they could not govern even one day,' Cabello said on Wednesday in his usual program 'Con el Mazo Dando.'

The opposition claims that a president does not win with votes, because they could not do so, if they are not designated by the United States and a group of lackey countries of the empire accept it, Cabello said about this issue.

Cabello, who is also the first vice-president of the United Socialist Party of Venezuela, denounced the White House financing to the failed attempts to overthrow the government of Nicolas Maduro.

  • Published in World

Mass Popular Mobilization in Venezuela on April 6

Caracas, Apr 4 (Prensa Latina) The speaker of the National Constituent Assembly (ANC) of Venezuela, Diosdado Cabello, called on Thursday to a mass popular mobilization in this capital on April 6 to defend the Bolivarian Revolution.

On his regular program Con el Mazo Dando, broadcast by Venezolana de Television, Cabello assured that the revolutionary forces will fill Caracas 'from end to end' in light of the opposition's desperation.

He ruled out the call by the opposition lawmaker Juan Guaido, who proclaimed himself Venezuela's president in charge, a maneuver scheduled for the same day as part of the so-called Operation Freedom, aimed at destabilizing the country.

On several occasions, Guaido has called on his supporters in the opposition to organize in the next few days for an alleged peaceful occupation of the Miraflores Palace (the Government's venue) and the activation of large-scale local protests.

In that regard, Cabello, who is also the first vice president of the United Socialist Party of Venezuela (PSUV), pointed out that the failure of those calls to mobilization by the speaker of the National Assembly (parliament) in contempt shows Guaido's lack of leadership.

Cabello also revealed the satisfaction by some right-wing spokespersons when they learned that Guaido had been disqualified to hold public posts and that he had been stripped of his parliamentary immunity due to several crimes that he has committed flagrantly.

In that regard, the socialist leader pointed out that the decision made on Tuesday by the Constituent National Assembly, which authorized the judicial power to indict the 'self-proclaimed' president, was adopted in accordance with the Constitution of Venezuela and the legislation in force.

  • Published in World

Plans for Coup against Venezuelan Gov't Detailed

Caracas, Apr 6 (Prensa Latina) Details of a coup plot that includes street violence and attacks on military units, in order to create a scenario conducive to foreign military intervention, were unveiled here by Bolivarian leader Diosdado Cabello.

The first vice-president of the United Socialist Party of Venezuela (PSUV), made public on the TV channel Venezolana de Televisión, recordings of conversations between leaders of the opposition right-wing, revealing the violent magnitude of the plans, to be executed in the short term. In the recorded conversations - broadcast last night in the program Con el mazo dando - the right-wing politicians Roberto Enríquez and Oswaldo Álvarez Paz, members of the Independent Electoral Political Organization Committee (COPEI) party, are heard talking about the issue.

Also compromising conversations were revealed by Eduardo Vetancourt, former official of the former National Directorate of Intelligence and Prevention Services (DISIP); Colonel Zomacal Hernández, leader of Primero Justicia (Justice First), Julio Borges, current president of the National Assembly (Parliament), and US Senator of Cuban origin Marcos Rubio, among others.

In the talks, Vetancourt - who is a fugitive from Venezuelan justice - suggests activating violent actions 'neighbor to neighbor', which includes the use of C-4 explosives and wicks, to 'remove government by force' and push a de facto one, made up of representatives of the traditional parties Democratic Action and COPEI.

It was also known, in the DISIP former official's own voice, that a riot squad was being formed, consisting of 98 men, who would be paid two million bolivars each (about 500 dollars with the informal change), who would be responsible for creating riots in a violent manner.

By its part, Colonel Zomacal - already under arrest - confessed being the coordinator of the military participation and the one in charge to handle the C-4 explosives to generate chaos in the streets and to attack military facilities, among them Fort Tiuna and Caracas downtown area.

'We have 88 policemen,' said Zomacal, 'but we need 120 (...) because there must be a group behind the march of Maria Corina (Machado) to sack them. We want them to believe before the national and international public opinion that the people are hungry. The former soldier revealed that violent organizations infiltrated groups, followers of the Bolivarian government, and confirmed the participation of plain-clothed coup military, in an opposition march. 'Some will have to leave and others will have to die', the former colonel Zomacal emphasized.

Cabello explained that this coup plot has been articulated, for three years, by the US government, when former South Command chief John Kelly called for the possibility of a military intervention in the country.

Subversive actions were dismantled by Operation Escudo Zamorano 2017, which also seized ammunition and explosives.

  • Published in World

Outgoing Venezuelan Lawmakers Appoint New Supreme Court Justices

CARACAS – Venezuela’s outgoing parliament, dominated by supporters of late President Hugo Chavez, on Wednesday designated and swore in 13 Supreme Court magistrates and 21 auxiliaries overcoming the dissenting votes of members of the opposition, who called the procedure “unconstitutional” and “unethical.”

  • Published in World

Cuban President Raul Castro Meets with Venezuelan Parliament Speaker Diosdado Cabello

Cuban President Raul Castro met with the President of the Venezuelan National Assembly, Diosdado Cabello, in Havana in a meeting that was described as “fruitful.”

Raul and Diosdado Cabello expressed satisfaction with the excellent state of bilateral relations between Cuba and Venezuela and their continued development, an official statement said about the meeting that took place on Saturday. It was noted that Cuban Foreign Minister Bruno Rodriguez also participated in the meeting.

Venezuela and Cuba have been close allies since the arrival of the Bolivarian Revolution to power in Venezuela, first under the late President Hugo Chavez and now under his successor, Nicolas Maudro.

Cabello also met with Cuban Revolution leader, Fidel Castro, releasing an image of the meeting on his Twitter account.

  • Published in Cuba
Subscribe to this RSS feed